WHY JOIN ROTARY?
Join Rotary’s 1.4 million neighbors, friends, leaders, and problem-solvers who see a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change – across the globe, in our communities, and in ourselves.
Join Rotary and the more than 1.4 million members who are actively changing lives locally and internationally.
With 35,000 clubs around the world, it’s easy to find a club that fits your passion and purpose.
Rotary members are helping others in communities around the world every day through thousands of service projects.
We know we’re stronger when we work with others. We’re always looking for groups to partner with to make a difference.
We have programs that will help you gain world understanding, find lifelong friends, and make a difference in your community.
BECOME A ROTARIAN!!
1. FRIENDSHIP. Rotary provides one of the most basic human needs: the need for friends and fellowship. It is one of the two reasons why Rotary began in 1905.
2. BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT. It is the second reason for Rotary’s beginning. Everyone needs to network. Rotarians help one another, and collectively help others.
3. THE OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE. Rotary is a service club. Its business is mankind; its product is service. Rotarians provide community service—to both the local and international communities. This is the best reason perhaps for becoming a Rotarian: The chance to do something for somebody else and the self-fulfillment, and return to one’s own life which comes in the process. Rotarians believe in service above self; it’s richly rewarding. THEY PROFIT MOST WHO SERVES THE BEST.
4. CONTINUING EDUCATION, PERSONAL GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT. Membership in Rotary continues one’s growth and education in community awareness, human relations, personal development, and public speaking, at a club, district, and international level.
5. LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT. Rotary is an organization of leaders and successful people. Serving in Rotary positions is like a college education in Leadership: Learning how to motivate, influence and lead leaders.
6. COMMUNITY CITIZENSHIP. Membership in a Rotary Club makes one a better community citizen. The average Rotary Club consists of the most active citizens of any community.
7. WORLD CITIZENSHIP. Rotarians are welcome at over 35,000 clubs in more than 188 nations and geographical regions. Make instant friends in both one’s own community and in the world community.
8. FUN. Rotary is fun: Service, meetings, fundraisers, club projects, committee participation, and social activities.
9. YOUTH PROGRAMS. Rotary provides one of the world’s largest youth exchange programs, as well as, high school and college clubs for future Rotarians.
10. ETHICS DEVELOPMENT. Rotarians practice a 4-Way Test which governs one’s ethical standards. Rotarians are expected to be ethical in business and personal relationships.